2014 WILTON GO GREEN FESTIVAL!
We are pleased to announce that our fourth Wilton Go Green Festival will be held on Sunday, May 4th, on the Wilton Town Green and at the Wilton Library. Our event showcases individuals, non-profit organizations, and businesses that offer ideas or products that are in keeping with our mission of educating our community in achieving a culture of conservation and environmental sustainability. We are pleased to announce our 2014 exhibitors!
Exciting highlights for the Festival include a visit from Atka, the Wolf Conservation Center’s ambassador wolf, sponsored by Deloitte, as well as the Westport Electric Car Club Rally and a variety of live music throughout the day. Check out the times for these events, as well as the rest of the day’s activities here!
Wilton Go Green Announces a New Community Challenge
In collaboration with Next Step Living, WGG is co-launching the Wilton 100 campaign to encourage more homeowners to lower their energy bills and carbon footprint through home energy audits and subsequent follow-up that supports residential energy efficiency. The campaign engages Wilton businesses and organizations in encouraging home energy audits and follow-up. Each home energy audit completed generates a $25 donation to the Norwalk River Valley Trail and supports the town of Wilton in its efforts to earn grant money for municipal energy efficiency projects. To sign up for a HES home audit, go to www.wilton100.org, or click on the logo above!
WILTON ENERGY CHALLENGE
Wilton Go Green and the Wilton Energy Commission are kicking off the Wilton Energy Challenge – a community-based program for Wilton residents to reduce energy consumption at home. This program is designed to help residents access utility sponsored programs that complete an energy audit of your home, and identify opportunities to make your home more comfortable while saving money on your utility bill.
We invite everyone to participate in the challenge by completing an energy audit and recommended upgrades.
• Lower your utility bills
• Contribute to a greener community
• Learn about financial incentives and rebates available to you
• Help Wilton earn cash rewards towards completion of the Wilton loop of the Norwalk River Valley Trail
Wilton Go Green and the Wilton Energy Commission are working with three approved vendors – Next Step Living, New England Smart Energy, and Handyman Express Energy Solutions. For more information, click on one of the logos below. Sign up for a Home Energy Solutions energy assessment today! If you’ve already participated in the HES program, please contact one of the vendors to find additional ways to save.
- Check here for the latest incentives for home energy improvements including Home Energy Solutions audits, lighting, appliance discounts, energy efficiency financing, tax credits and more. (read more)
- Connecticut’s new EnergizeCT website went live. This is a joint initiative of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund and the Clean Energy Finance Investment Authority, which was undertaken with strong leadership and support from Governor Malloy and his office. The aim is for this to be the definitive resource for state residents and businesses to learn about and access the extensive array of clean energy programs available now and in the future. Please take a moment to check out the site – http://energizect.com/ (read more)
- read more)
- Wilton Go Green has been selected to receive the 2012 Green Coast Honoree of the year in Environmental Commitment for an Organization! (read more)
- read more)
Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority announces Residential Solar Incentives (updated regularly)