Wilton Go Green Joins 300,000 at the
People’s Climate March
It was a memorable day on Sunday, September 21st when a team of Wilton Go Green board members and friends traveled to New York to join the People’s Climate March,
For more pictures and information click here.
2014 WILTON GO GREEN FESTIVAL another success!
The Fourth Wilton Go Green Festival opened on Sunday, May 4th at 11am and welcomed a happy crowd of attendees from pre-schoolers to seniors. We saw our 2014 exhibitors and visitors engaged in conversations, families watching and learning about Atka the wolf, children dancing around a maypole, and families listening to the live sounds of Wilton musical groups.
At the opening ceremony, we were proud to donate a check of nearly $3800 to the Norwalk River Valley Trail. These funds were accrued from our Wilton Energy Challenge. For every Wilton Resident who completed a Home Energy Assessment or a solar/mini-split assessment, $25-$50 was donated to the NRVT.
We were also pleased to accept a certificate from Northeast Clean Power who contributed Renewable Energy Certificates matching the electricity used by this event.
A survey of the exhibitors found that two out of three wished to return. The festival has become the landmark event for the town of Wilton to identify as a community that believes in sustainable living. WGG is grateful to the Wilton Library for co-hosting the event, to our sponsors, to the Town of Wilton especially the DPW and Parks and Rec for its support and to many individuals, businesses and nonprofits for donations and volunteer time.
Wilton Go Green Announces a New Community Challenge
In collaboration with Next Step Living, WGG is co-launching the Wilton 100 campaign to encourage more homeowners to lower their energy bills and carbon footprint through home energy audits and subsequent follow-up that supports residential energy efficiency. The campaign engages Wilton businesses and organizations in encouraging home energy audits and follow-up. Each home energy audit completed generates a $25 donation to the Norwalk River Valley Trail and supports the town of Wilton in its efforts to earn grant money for municipal energy efficiency projects. To sign up for a HES home audit, go to www.wilton100.org, or click on the logo above!
WILTON ENERGY CHALLENGE
Wilton Go Green and the Wilton Energy Commission are kicking off the Wilton Energy Challenge – a community-based program for Wilton residents to reduce energy consumption at home. This program is designed to help residents access utility sponsored programs that complete an energy audit of your home, and identify opportunities to make your home more comfortable while saving money on your utility bill.
We invite everyone to participate in the challenge by completing an energy audit and recommended upgrades.
• Lower your utility bills
• Contribute to a greener community
• Learn about financial incentives and rebates available to you
• Help Wilton earn cash rewards towards completion of the Wilton loop of the Norwalk River Valley Trail
Wilton Go Green and the Wilton Energy Commission are working with three approved vendors – Next Step Living, New England Smart Energy, and Handyman Express Energy Solutions. For more information, click on one of the logos below. Sign up for a Home Energy Solutions energy assessment today! If you’ve already participated in the HES program, please contact one of the vendors to find additional ways to save.
- Check here for the latest incentives for home energy improvements including Home Energy Solutions audits, lighting, appliance discounts, energy efficiency financing, tax credits and more. (read more)
- Connecticut’s new EnergizeCT website went live. This is a joint initiative of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund and the Clean Energy Finance Investment Authority, which was undertaken with strong leadership and support from Governor Malloy and his office. The aim is for this to be the definitive resource ... (read more)
- read more)
- Wilton Go Green has been selected to receive the 2012 Green Coast Honoree of the year in Environmental Commitment for an Organization! (read more)
- read more)
- Connecticut is launching a new program, Connecticut Green LEAF Schools, which has been created to promote green and healthy schools for all. (read more)
Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority announces Residential Solar Incentives (updated regularly)