MISSION: The Zero Waste Faire is a special event designed to educate, inspire, entertain, and engage the town of Wilton and neighboring communities about zero waste living.
By sharing information and ideas from speakers, exhibitors, media, and discussions of current issues, the Faire, a Zero Waste event, will help advance Zero Waste practices that benefit everyone.
With your participation, this event will be even more dynamic than last year’s, which received broad accolades, featured over 100 exhibitors, and had an attendance of over 1000 people of all ages from CT, NY and MA.
There are a number of ways you can participate (e.g., The WGG Zero Waste Faire Planning Committee).
Demonstrations and Displays ALL DAY!
- Cooking with scraps and leftovers (Heather Priest, Middlebrook School Culinary Arts and Sustainability Teacher)
- Edibles display
Make Your Own cleaners, lotions, wraps, and other zero waste tips (Alexandria Arriaz)
- Native and Invasive Plants display
- Plan ahead lunch preparation demo and meal planning strategies (Susan Thomson)
- Recycling: What goes where table (Wilton Go Green)
- The ABC’s of organic foods and eating; all about CSAs (Stephanie Noto, Chartwell’s)